Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected - Sun Tzu
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
The Talent War rages on with both Victors and Losers.
Is this what your talent pipeline looks like?
People Profits Principle #40
You are not as good of an employer as you think you are
Symptoms that your Talent Enemy is attacking:
- Do you LOSE PEOPLE and DON'T KNOW WHY?
- Do you OFFER JOBS and never even get a response?
- Do you lose alot of people in the FIRST 60 DAYS of their employment?
- Do your NEW HIRES not live up to expectations?
The Talent War rages on - more jobs then qualified candidates
How is your Talent Enemy attacking you?
- Are they BUYING your employees away with MORE MONEY?
- Are they enticing them with BENEFITS and ACTIVITIES?
- Are they marketing their company as the "PLACE TO BE"?
- Is there a marked difference in the IMAGE AND REALITY of your company?
Do you know how your "Greatest Asset" is being attacked?
How can you launch a counter attack?
Identify any NEGATIVE EMPLOYEE ISSUES from past employee surveys
OVER COMMUNICATE the Vision and Mission and how they are involved
Document how each of the employees can INCREASE THEIR VALUE
Demonstrate the REQUIREMENTS of being PROMOTED
Make it about THEM!!
People Profits case study: A service company had allowed its' competitors to turn a great asset - its' training program into a liability. The competitors would wait until an employee would go to our training school - then hire them away for what they were actually worth - not what we were paying them. Turnover was dramatic, seriously jeopardized operations and we were training our competitors. By objectively assessing our compensation plan and making the needed changes we turned the problem into an asset. Turnover ceased which seriously hurt our competitors.