Want a quick way to learn alot about somebody quickly?
Ask them to discuss their 3 greatest accomplishments and WHY it is those 3
You can use this numerous ways:
- In a job interview - then ask their 3 greatest failures
- In a performance review - then ask how it added value to the organization
- As a Department - then ask how they added value over their costs
- As a Manager - then ask how it built up another employee
- As an Executive - then ask how it built up the company and employees
People Profits case study: Far too many times when I interview a candidate - I ask this question. Seldom are all 3 accomplishments on the resume. The discussion of HOW and WHY it happened is very enlightening. Many times what I learn from that one question points me in a direction of whether I am going to hire or not hire. This one simple question can tell me volumes about values, fit, culture issues and team interaction.
Copyright © 2016 People Profits, LLC, All rights reserved.