99% of career pages are doing little if anything for their organizations.
Your careers page is a window to your HR function:
- Many show minimal effort.
- Most show little beyond compliance and daily transactions are being done.
People Profits suggests that a trained eye should be able to determine your:
- Employee Recruiting Strategy,
- Vision, Mission and Values,
- Employee Retention Strategy and
- a marketing driven "hook" to drive the Call To Action.
The goals are to:
- Increase the number of "Sweet spot" candidates,
- Have candidates understand who you are as an Employer,
- Show where you are going as a organization,
- Communicate why someone would want to come work for you,
- Start driving employee engagement from the time of application and
- Have candidates "self-select" whether they would fit your organization.
Case study: A service company saw a significant increase in "sweet spot" candidates with a revised careers page. Increased current employee engagement by involving them in the revision process. Increased management and current employee discussions regarding the direction of the company. Demonstrated to current employees the importance of candidate referrals.
So, if your careers page looks like this: