Oil and gas companies are reducing staff - good people with skills and experience
How can you know whether these people can transition to your industry?
Criteria to determine a good employee from outside your industry:
- What is their personality profile and does it show flexibility?
- How much of an overlap of basic skills between last and potential job?
- Are they trainable - professional certifications from their industry?
- Do they have a history of being promoted?
- Do they have a stable work history?
- What are their accomplishments and do they relate?
The challenge and the newness is refreshing and invigorating to them.
People Profits 68: Employees are seldom terminated for lack of skill - rather for lack of character/values/maturity
6 actions to make employee onboarding more effective
People Profits case study: A manufacturing service company found a trained person in a non-industry position easily and successfully transitioned into being one our service technicians. Once a couple of offices discovered the link and it was verified we then developed a strategy, system and process to maximize the value that it could bring us. The link continues to this day and is working successfully.
Copyright © 2016 People Profits, LLC, All rights reserved.