"Nine predictions for how HR will redefine the workplace in 2015"
- HR Magazine, Society of HR Management, Jan/Feb 2015
Be ready to be UNDERWHELMED!!
- Culture, diversity, engagement and retention will be front burner issues.
- Performance management will continue to be redesigned.
- More companies will deal with overwhelmed employees.
- Corporate learning will be transformed and will take on more importance.
- Companies will redesign talent acquisition, leveraging network recruiting, brand reach and new technologies.
- Talent mobility and career management strategies will become necessary to compete.
- Leaders will invest in talent analytics and workforce planning.
- Companies will take advantage of new tools in HR technology.
- HR teams will get a new design and a new focus on professional development.
- emphasis by HR Magazine
Nothing new - same tired HR talk for 27 years that I know of!!
What is missing??? What do organizations NEED from HR?
Case study: Once when I was the new VP of HR for a company, I attended my first VP meeting with that company. After the meeting one of the other VPs walked up to me, shook my hand and said: "Clark, your first HR guy I have ever met that in a VP meeting spent the entire time talking about numbers!!"
- How about figuring out how to increase revenues by 10%?
- Increase Net Profits by 20%.
- Increase Productivity by 15%.
- There is not a single number in any of the predictions!!
- How do you manage your greatest asset without numbers?
So, if you think HR looks like this: