People Profits Principle #54
Systems should solve problems - not just create complications
Operations, Sales, or Marketing people are:
- Constantly working to be FASTER, more EFFICIENT/EFFECTIVE
- They are JUDGED DIRECTLY on very objective results
- When they meet one goal – the NEXT GOAL IS HIGHER
- Therefore they have to be RESULTS driven
Does the ABOVE describe your HR function or the FOLLOWING?
- Tons of PAPER
- OBSOLETE processes
- ACTIVITY - not results
- No DOCUMENTED objective goals
- Undocumented goals are VAGUE and NOT MEASURABLE
What if they were held accountable to objective results - like sales?
- What is the timetable to solve our SKILLS GAP?
- What is our ENGAGEMENT and how can we INCREASE it?
- What is our COST and DURATION to HIRE?
- What is our TURNOVER - when/how will it go DOWN significantly?
- Why do we hire 110-120% of our open positions?
- New hires not showing up or quitting quickly?
The list goes on and on? (What would be on your list?)
If you were to solve these problems, your life would get seriously simpler
and more profitable
Let's review the list of 5 objective results above:
- 10% better results for each item equals how much money?
- $ Millions? $ Tens of thousands?
- What if your net income DOUBLED?
- How much time and stress would you eliminate?
2015 Rube Goldberg Machine Contest College Nationals
The Professional Engineers Society puts on a yearly contest
Click the picture to see the 2014 winner