People Profits Principle #82
4 out of 3 people struggle with math
How does poor math skills affect recruiting and retaining?
- Candidates struggle with comparing job offers beyond rate of pay
- Candidates will leave a job for a higher rate and
- Lose it all in higher cost of benefits
- Changes in cost of commuting is seldom considered
- Candidates will not review financial results - even when available
- Future opportunity is always discussed in the abstract
Why are numbers important?
Click the pic to see the classic first scene from Dirty Harry
What can we do to help candidates and employees with math issues?
Note the two way street:
- Candidates you are recruiting AND
- YOUR employees as candidates at OTHER companies
Here are five math issues to consider:
- What can be done to IDENTIFY all of the possible MATH ISSUES
- affecting your organizations' recruiting and retaining functions?
- What math issue can be used by another organization AGAINST you?
- Are there any MATH PARADIGM issues that need to be overcome?
- What do they THINK THEY KNOW is true that isn't true?
- What HIDDEN costs or income do they not APPRECIATE?
- What can you show them in hard copy to get their attention?
- What math issues are preventing candidates from applying or accepting?
Each organization will be affected differently.