People Profits Principle #15
All 7 areas of HR must work together
to attain the desired results.
Most HR professionals are proficient in 1 (maybe 2) of the 7 areas of HR.
This means that they are succeeding between 15 - 30% of the time.
The progression of most HR careers is as follows:
- They graduate with a degree OTHER THEN Finance or Business
- They go to work for a very LARGE CORPORATION
- They work in ONE OF the departments in HR
- They get experience in the ONE AREA of HR
- After 5 years they are ready for a "NEW CHALLENGE"
- They are hired by a SMALLER COMPANY as the HR Manager
The problems arrive quickly as they are now in charge of all 7 aspects of HR.The HR Manager is lost in the other 5 or 6 areas they are not proficient.